Monday, April 27, 2020

I got this steering wheel several years ago and redid to for my Pinto. This wheel came from a Pinto ( I think ) since it has the tabs for the horn. Some steering wheels like this come from mustangs and they don't have the tabs for the horn since the horn was on the steering column like a blinker arm. Anyway feel free to comment and let me know if I'm right or wrong or just call me names.

sanding steering wheel
This is about how it looked when I got it. I don't know if it was chrome that got repainted or black that was wearing off.


I sanded the wheel mostly by hand and scrubbed it down with rubbing alcohol to get it ready for primer.

pinto steering wheel ready for primer
I found a good use for the hood of my corvette, it is the perfect surface for a Ford Pinto Steering wheel.

Tape and primer nothing really exciting here.

Tape and primer nothing really exciting here.

Tape and primer nothing really exciting here.

ford pinto steering wheel finished
It came out great I think. 
here it is in the car. I thought I took some better pictures. Ill add them in if I find them.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment