Sunday, June 25, 2023

Power Washing the underneath of the Pinto

 After I got it up on its side, I removed everything that wasn't already gone. All the lines mounts and brackets that came off did. I then washed it several times with a detergent soak in-between.

As you can see there was very little rust on the floor. Some surface  rust that I was bale to treat and has never come back. I used rust mort it worked great .

You can see one spot here where I had to weld in a patch at the back bolt on the drivers side. I used a small piece of angle iron that I flattened a bit then just burned it in.

I did remove the clutch cable and heater hosers when it came back down I'm not sure why I left them before I put it up.

Now I can start on the protection coats and the repair of the battery tray area.


No comments:

Post a Comment